Support Our School
Become a Board Member
Board Application and Expectations
Board Member Expectation Statement
- Review yearly the organization’s mission and purpose.
- Support the Head of School both morally and professionally to further the goals of the organization.
- Actively participate in the overall planning process and assist in implementing the organization's goals.
- Assist the organization by implementing fund raising strategies and through personal influence with others.
- Assist in developing an annual budget to ensure continued tax-exempt status and that proper financial controls are in place.
- Assist in supporting programs consistent with the organization’s mission.
- Clearly articulate the organization’s mission, accomplishments, and goals to the public, as well as garnering support from important members of the community.
- Establish pertinent policies to ensure legal and ethical integrity adhering to provisions of the organization's bylaws and articles of incorporation.
- Participate in evaluating board performance in fulfilling its responsibilities and recognizing its achievements.
- Attend activities and events sponsored by the organization.
- Make an annual gift to the organization according to personal means, but no less than the minimum amount established by the board.
- Attend monthly meetings to be determined by the board.
Prospective Board Member Information Sheet
Whether you’re a student looking for a way to meet community service course requirements, a parent or grandparent with a little extra time, or looking for a way to lend a helping hand, SCIS is a great place to start.
Your generosity will make a difference in the lives and work of our students and educators today and in the future!
Don’t miss out on our innovative programs!